Everyone working in a lab needs the following training:
- WHMIS Training
- WHMIS training is offered by the University and consists of an on-line quiz.
- Department General Safety Orientation
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a general orientation to safety. This seminar is required for all students who have access (i.e., keys) to the Mechanical Engineering Building or NINT building. Seminars are offered in September. Please contact Jason Olfert if you missed this seminar.
- Lab-Specific Safety Orientation
- Lab-specific safety training/orientation is offered by the principal investigator (PI) of the research project or his/her designate. This orientation should cover general safety information, locations of safety equipment, and safe operating procedures for the lab. Once this orientation is complete, the PI (or designate) along with the student should sign-off on a form to document this training.